The SENT-USB is a two-channel SAE J2716 (Single Edge Nibble Transmission – SENT) to USB interface that easily connects a SENT bus to any computer with an USB port. The converter is powered from USB and features two bi-directional SENT channels and an USB virtual COM port. The device comes with a free-of-charge PC application for SENT communication analysis and simulation. An open communication protocol over the virtual serial port enables the user to integrate the interface into an existing system.
- SENT to USB Interface
- SENT logger/tester/simulator
- Two independent SAE J2716 (SENT) channels
- Each channel configurable as RX or TX,
- USB Interface (Virtual COM port)
- Supports Fast and Slow Messages according to SAE J2716:2016 (Fast, Short Serial, and Enhanced Serial)
- Supports SENT/SPC
- Configurable SENT channel parameters – Tick Time, Nibble Count
- Free-of-charge PC application
- On-board remanent memory
- Intelligent message filtration
- 4x LED (3x Status, 1x Power)
- 1x Reset switch
- 5V DC output with over-current protection
- 1x 8-pin terminal block, 1x Micro-USB
- Table or DIN-rail mount
- Hardware and firmware customization on request
Fast, Short Serial, and Enhanced Serial message formats are supported. The user can configure channel parameters (direction, tick time, nibble count, filtration) and store the configuration into the device’s non-volatile memory. Each SENT channel can be configured independently to suit all possible use cases: 2 RX channels / 1 RX and 1 TX channel / 2 TX channels.
A PC application for configuring the device and for monitoring, logging and simulation of SENT communication is available for free. The device offers a communication protocol over its USB virtual COM port (VCP) so that the user can easily integrate the device into an existing system, such as test benches and HiL rigs. The protocol enables the user to configure the device’s parameters as well as transmit and receive SENT Fast and Slow messages.
An intelligent filtration of incoming SENT frames has been introduced so that the serial communication does not get overloaded.
Software and System Integration
- Free-of-charge “SENT Gateway Analyser” PC application for configuration, reception, transmission and logging
- Communication protocol for integration into existing systems
- Device’s firmware upgradable over USB